Thursday, May 17, 2012

Unforgettable Chicken Casserole

Can I just say that I LOVE Pinterest! it is the best website invention ever!! So we are tight on cash this week and I couldn't decide what I should make for dinner as I am trying to avoid the grocery store as much as possible. Well I ran across this recipe and it is DELICIOUS!! The best part is that I was able to use my shelf reliance food with it too. The recipe's original destination is HERE



Doesn't that look delicious!  I did some adjustments from the original recipe. I didn't put Chestnuts, almonds or French-friend Onion Rings in it. Partly because we didn't have any of them, okay I lied we have almonds and my hubby would be sad if he found out it was suppose to have almonds and I didn't put it in but I didn't really like the idea of them being in there. The Chestnuts and Onion Rings I don't like and we don't have them in our home :)
For the Celery I actually used Shelf Reliances FD Celery. So nice, I didn't even rehydrate them. Also I didn't have to chop them, saved me time in the kichen!! Just threw them into the mixture and they rehydrated as it cooked. I also used Shelf Reliance's Sour Cream powder to make Sour Cream. It is actually really good and has been very handy to have around as it is something we didn't normally get through and I end up throwing the last bit in the garbage. I could have used the FD Chicken instead of fresh but I have a ton of fresh in the freezer and almost out of FD so I used Fresh.Shelf Reliance also carries FD Shredded Cheese that you can use in recipe as well, but I don't have it in my storage yet so I am using store bought cheese.

This is how I made it:

3 C Chopped Cooked Chicken
1/2 C FD Celery
1 C of Shredded Cheese
1 C Sour Cream Powder (rehydrated)
1 C Mayo
1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
2 C of cooked rice

Combine all ingredients except rice. Put in a 9 X 13 pan. Do not cover. Put in oven at 350 degrees for 30-35mins. Until it has started to brown on the top and bubbling around the edges. Put on rice and ENJOY!

And as I am typing this my husband looks over my shoulder and reads the part about not putting in the almonds and wasn't very happy. hehe next time he can make dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment